Sunday, July 27, 2014

Explore ↣ Amalfi Coast, Italy

Praiano, Italy (Amalfi Coast)


Stay:

My husband and I are very fond of bed and breakfasts (which will become pretty clear after several of my travel posts.) There are amazing hotels out there and I have stayed at a lot over the years, however, recently we have discovered the new world of enjoying cozy, beautiful B&Bs with home cooked and delicious breakfasts. To me, it's the small things each B&B does to make your vacation just a little more special. I would say not all are created equal though and we do a lot of review reading before we decide on the one, but the good ones have created some of my favorite memories of our trips.

For a trip to the Amalfi Coast, I actually don't think you could pick a bad place to stay. There are a ton of B&Bs or hotels along the coast and they all look beautiful (plus your view is the coast of Italy.) But I will show you the details of where we stayed and absolutely recommend it. When we go back, we will be staying with them again!

Hotel Onda Verde

http://www.ondaverde.it/hoteli.htm


Eat:

Italy= food from heaven. You really can't go wrong eating anywhere in Italy. As I mentioned earlier, an added bonus to staying at a B&B is complimentary amazing breakfasts. This breakfast was pure perfection. We stayed a week at this hotel and only ate at another place one time throughout our trip. The food was so good we couldn't leave it and the view wasn't too bad either. By the end of the week their personal chef (who cooked every meal) knew us and our exact orders. The last few nights he even started bringing out different dishes and desserts just for us to try. I can't even write out the words to explain how incredible their chef was. All this to say when you go to Italy just eat anywhere and prepare to eat a lot. 







Do:

In my previous "Explore" post I talked about the Path of the gods as being my favorite activity that we did while in Italy, however, everything is incredible and these are a few other fun places we explored during our stay. 

Boat ride to Capri

(Lovers Arch)







Pompeii






And of course like tourist just explore the city!






Never been prouder to be Italian. 
With love, 
E


















No comments:

Post a Comment