Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Lifestyle ↣ Tricks to Young and Glowing Skin


First of all… Can you tell we are related? Seriously though, I have always admired my mom's skincare routine. I remember when I was younger watching her apply each product every night and wondering if I would ever be like that one day and now I am. Yet, after seeing her faithful routines pay off I am so glad that I am. My mom is (uhh hope she doesn't mind me saying her age) slightly pass 50 now and her skin is absolutely amazing. It literally radiates. I would always ask questions about why and what she was putting on her face every night and she taught me a lot about proper skin care. My mother is a firm believer in natural products so she has a better idea of what is going on her skin. It seems that the natural stuff tends to be more expensive but I have learned over the years it is worth the investment. You don't have to spend an enormous amount of money on every single product but paying a little more for the better face wash and such is worth it for now and later in life.

First we will start with the absolutes:

↣ EVERY night wash your face!
No matter how tired you are or if you didn't even put make-up on that day. There is so much dirt and oils that build up on our skin every day and we don't even realize it. I can't tell you how many times Russell and I have accidentally fallen asleep on the couch and wake up at 3am to wander into bed yet I still turn on that bright bathroom light and wash my face. Just make it a habit and do it. I am going to go over the products I use later but one thing I absolutely adore and will probably use forever is my Clarisonic. It cleans every inch of my face and really gets down into the pores. However, it is expensive and if you're not ready to spend that kind of money just using a clean washcloth is also good. Anything besides your hands which obviously also have dirt and oil on them.

↣ Moisturize
No matter what skin type you have or if you struggle with acne or anything; you need to be moisturizing every day. Some people think that if they already have oily skin they don't need it or that moisturizing will make their acne worse but both of these are not true. If our skin is dry it will produce more oil which equals more skin issues. So moisturize with good lotions rather than having your skin produce more oils. Moisturizing will also help reduce and prevent future wrinkles.

↣ Eye Creams
The skin around our eyes is the most sensitive part on our face which means it will obviously be the first to suffer from unwanted wrinkles and puffiness. Always remove all eye make-up first GENTLY with eye make-up remover and then GENTLY apply eye cream with your ring finger (the ring finger tends to put the least amount of pressure- if you haven't gotten my drift, we should be gentle with this part of our face!)

↣ Sunscreen
I know this is one that we hear all the time yet rarely actually do. My mom has been insanely faithful to apply sunscreen every single day. Even the days that we are barely in the sun at all. Those UV rays still get to us even with just our short walks to and from the car. Apply sunscreen before your morning make-up. It is such a quick and easy step. I'm not sure why I am so lazy to do this but if it makes that big of a difference in the future, I think I can take a few extra minutes now.

Here are the skincare products I am using currently.  I include in my daily routine the absolutes but there are also a few extras that I will talk about.


8. Sephora Eye Makeup Remover: I like this one because it's cheap and it does the job but a better one I recommend is- Lancome Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover

Morning Routine:


1. Wash your face with lukewarm water (you never want to use hot water - it can irritate and dry out the skin)
2. I exfoliate around 2-3 days a week
3. Day moisturizer
4. Sunscreen
The last two can be combined as a lot of moisturizers these days are smart enough to put sunscreen in their moisturizers but just make sure it has at least SPF 30 for your face!



Evening Routine: 

1. Using my Clarisonic and Clarions face wash, I make sure to wash off all of the make-up, dirt and oils from the day. I love the Clarisonic because it has a timer to make sure you are washing for long enough. Around:
20 Seconds on forehead, 20 Seconds on nose and chin, and 10 seconds on each cheek
2. Toner helps get the rest of the dirt off. I am always so shocked seeing how much make-up and dirt still comes off my face even after washing. Grosses me out and makes me very thankful for toner!
3. Age Defense Skin Guardian.   Prevention = brillant 
4. Night Moisturizer
5. Eye Cream


Try using this routine for a few weeks and see if you notice a difference. Hopefully beautiful, healthy, and glowing skin that will keep your skin staying forever young! Thanks Mama D!
With Love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment